Adding a WordPress user
Setting up a new account
In order to be able to update and support your WordPress website, I need access to it. The best way to do this is for me to have my own account. This is something that I can do for you, or if you prefer, you can do this yourself, either by following the instructions below, or with my help sitting by your side.
At the end
When I have finished working for you, its a good idea to delete the account, or if you think that we may work together in the future, simply change the role of the account to a subscriber, or change the password. I am an IT professional, and whilst I can assure you I will only ever make updates to the site following your instructions, it is the best practice to only allow access to people who need it, and once I have finished working for you, then I won’t need it.
Setting Up the Account
- Go to your wordpress dashboard, and click on “Users” from the left hand side.
- Click on the “Add New” button near the title “Users”
- You will see “Add Existing User”, and “Add New User”, scroll down to the the “Add New User” section that looks like the image below
- Fill in the form as follows
Leave the box empty that says “Add the user withoutout sending and email …”
- Finally click on the “Add new User” button
- You will see a message that an invitation has been sent to me.