Do you have a wordpress website? You know how to add blog posts, and create and edit pages, but thats about it. Would you like to know a bit more about the themes, widgets and plugins that make your website tick? Would you like to be able to do things like change the header and footer of your website, or update it with your new logo. We all need good SEO, would you like to know a bit more about adding that to your website?
This course will teach you how to make more fundamental changes to your site. How to add and use the many themes available, and how to find and install plugins.
You wll learn how to add good SEO practises to your site, and install plugins to help.
This is a hands on course. During the course you will given access to a test website where you can practise each of the skills as we learn them.
- Themes – how to choose a theme and install it
- Using a child theme
- Astra Theme
2. The customiser
- Accessing the customiser
- Activating your new theme
- Site identity and your logo
- Global colours – setting up your brand
- Fonts and text sizes
- Headers & Footers
- Good SEO choices
3. Website Images
- How to choose images for your site
- Choosing sizes and formats
- Good SEO practises
- Choosing plugins
- Installing and activating
- Free vs Paid for
- Suggested Plugins
- What is a widget anyway?
- Accessing the widget areas in the customiser
- Accessing the widget areas from the dashboard
- Finding new widgets to use
5. Building on the SEO Basics
- Meta data and snippets for SEO
- Installing the Yoast Plugin
By the end of this course, you will be able to make more fundamental changes to the look and feel of your site.
You will be able to change themes , and update the colours and fonts of your site.
Using plugins you will be able to add more functionality to your site and make sure it is set up for good basic SEO.